Working with schools
SHINE provides an infrastructure for school-based health improvement research in Scotland with the aim of narrowing the gap between schools, policy makers and academic researchers. Specifically it will seek to:
- Help schools identify their key health and wellbeing needs using data from the 2018 Health Behaviour in School-aged Children (HBSC) Survey
- Increase the availability and relevance of research evidence for use in school planning and development;
- Provide schools and policy makers with guidance on evidence-based health promotion programmes and interventions;
- Facilitate and support school-led initiatives to promote young people’s health;
- Develop closer links between schools and researchers to produce collaborative evidence which is more responsive to school needs;
- Advise schools on best practice regarding external requests for participation in other research studies.